Accidents involving falls happen every single day, and you may be surprised to find out that most of them occur at home. Most of the people involved are children and the elderly. They are prone to falling and slipping due to movement impairment or neglect. Most of them result in head and face injuries, which is why responsible people should take all precautions to prevent that from happening.
One of the most common places where falls occur in the bathroom. It’s not new that old people slip in the shower, or that children hit their heads in the bathtub because they regard bath time as a play time. That is why parents or caregivers make sure never to let that happen again. How? Simple. All they need is a non-slip bath mat.
The advantages of a non-slip bath mat
You never really consider buying such an item before something bad happens. Apparently, only 82% of the parents purchase a bathmat after their child or loved one fell in the tub and suffered head-related injuries. I find that very irresponsible and sad at the same time. Why do you have to wait for something horrible to happen to take action? That is why I think that everyone who has kids or lives with elderly people should be aware of the benefits of a non-slip bath mat.
- ü It can provide safety – do you have kids? Do you let them alone in the bathroom when they are showering or taking a bath? If you do, then a tub mat is a must for you. There is a studythat shows children have most of their accidents at home, even when they are being supervised, and they usually hit their heads and their faces. Parents can prevent that from happening by taking precautions. In this case, a non-slip bath mat is an ideal solution. Your child will not longer be in danger of slipping, and you can have some piece of mind. This also applies to elderly people, but to you as well. Has it never happened to you to slips just a little bit? I am sure it has, which is why such a product can benefit you as well.
- ü It’s also very comfortable – even if the primary purpose of a non-slip bath mat is to prevent slipping on wet surfaces, it can be a really nice treat when you are taking a bath. It is soft, and it will keep your body still. You can even fall asleep, your body will not slide down. As it happens, sometimes bathtubs get scratched, and they may irritate your skin. A mat will do a great job at preventing that from happening.
- ü They come in a variety of designs – I like that about non-slip bath mats. They don’t come just for the tub, but also for the floor or shower. And every type has advantages on its own. Also, they give your bathroom a beautiful appearance. You can find mats in different shapes, sizes, and colors. The offer is pretty big, so you have where to choose from.
What to consider when buying a non-slip bath mat?
That is an excellent question. It’s not as you can simply go online and pick one randomly. There are a few things that you should consider. Not all products can be considered the best non-slip bath mats. However, as long as a product meets the criteria below, you should be okay.
- ü Size – largely, that depends on where you want to put it. If you want to place it in your shower, then make sure that your choice fits in there. The samegoes for the bathtub. However, if you want to put the non-slip bath mat on the floor to prevent it from getting slippery, you can go as big as space allows it. There is really no restriction when it comes to this. You know how children like to splash the water when you bathe them. A big mat may actually be recommended in such cases.
- ü Colors – I know that it may seem superficial for some, but not to me. I like to respect the design of my bathroom so I would not go for aunmatching color with the rest of it. If the tiles are green, I am not going to buy a brown mat. I think you see my point here. Also, if you have children, make sure that it is a color they like. It may go a long way for kids who don’t like baths as much as they should.
- ü Price – that is entirely understandable. You want to go for something you can afford. However, very cheap products need replacing more often than you like to believe. So, in the long run, it is better to spend a few extra bucks now than to buy another mat in a few weeks. Low-quality non-slip bath mats suffer damage quickly, they may change color, or even rot.
- ü Use – depending on where you want to use the bath mat, you should consider a product with an anti-bacterial feature. If you want to put it in your tub, this feature is a must. There are may bacteria in the bathroom, and you don’t need those to enter your skin, or worse, your children’s skin, do you? Anti-bacterial non-slip bath mats are quite common, so you won’t have a hard time finding them. They are a bit more expensive, but they are worth it.
- ü Ease of cleaning – this is one of my favorite features a bath mat can have. Don’t think that just by showering or bathing you get to clean the mat as well. It doesn’t work that way. Dirt particles, skin cells, and soap scum will get stuck to the bath mat, even if it doesn’t look that way. That is why manufacturers produced machine washable non-slip bath mats. You can easily throw it in the washing machine and be done with it. There are special instructions, of course, on how to wash it. Usually, it is recommended to wash the mat with cold water and light detergent (no bleach,) and let it air dry. The dryer may damage it.
What is the best non-slip bath mat?
The way I see it, the best product will be the one that meets the criteria above. Fortunately, you have a lot of models to choose from. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors. Some of them even have special features that I am sure you are going to love. Here are the best examples I could find.
Gorilla Grip Non-slip Bath Mat
The Gorilla Grip mat is a perfect example of a practical and beautiful bath mat. It has a nice design that will go with any bathroom. It’s clear, so you don’t have to worry that the color won’t match. The size is more than satisfactory, measuring 35 inches by 16 inches. It will fit almost any bathtub. I don’t know about showers, but only you can know that. Depends on the shower. The mat features holes that will allow better drainage. That means the water won’t get stuck and eliminates the possibility of a bad smell.
This non-slip bath mat has 324 Gorilla Grip suction cups. They ensure that the mat doesn’t go anywhere. It will stay in place wherever you put it, except textured or tiled surfaces. But as long as the surface is sleek, the mat will hang on to it even vertically. It is good to know that you won’t slip, but it’s better to know that the mat won’t slip either. It happens, and the consequences are the same as with no mat at all.
Cleaning is very easy. All you have to do is throw the mat in the washing machine. Wash it with cold water and no strong detergents, and leave it to airdry. Otherwise, the mat will get ruined. Furthermore, the mat is made of anti-bacterial materials, it is BPA free, non-toxic, latex-free, and it has no toxic smell. That can be a real issue, especially if you are taking a hot bath. I find these features more than useful.
The Gorilla Grip bath mat is extremely versatile. As long as the surface where you want to put it is sleek, you can put in the tub, shower, or on the floor. You can take it with you if you like. I, for example, don’t like using showers and tubs in hotels without a mat. You can also take it with you at the gym, sauna or even at the spa. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Epica Anti-slip Bath Mat
The Epica bath mat is a little bit more resilient that the previous model, at least from what I can tell. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it’s made of natural rubber. Most products are made of plastic, but I don’t think they can match the durability of actual rubber. It comes with hundreds of suction cups, which will ensure that you won’t slip under any circumstances. The rubber itself is not slippery when it gets wet. Add the suction cups, and you got yourself the best non-slip bath mat you can find.
This too is versatile. You can put in thetub, shower, or floor. It measures 28 x 16 inches, which I think it’s enough. The material is mildew-resistant, and I find that to be very useful. The mat is going to spend most of its time on a wet surface, so it makes sense to make a mat out of a mildew-resistant, anti-bacterial material.
What you will appreciate about the Epica bath mat is that it’s very comfortable. If you put your feet on plastic, and then rubber, which one you think it’s going to me comfortable? Rubber, naturally. The surface is padded, which means that your feet are in for a treat.
Last, but not least, the Epica Anti-slip bath mat is machine washable as well. You can just throw it in the washing machine with light detergent, and you are done. It will come out as good as new. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
YimobraBathtub and Shower Mat
This one arrives in an extra large size. It measures 16 x 40 inches. It will be enough to cover more than half of your bathtub, which I think is great. You can allow yourself more mobility while you are taking a shower.
The Yimobra mat is BPA-free and is made of high-quality, allergen-free vinyl. That doesn’t stop you from cleaning it in the washing machine, though. As long as you follow the washing instructions, you should be able to keep it clean. It has over 100 suction cups that ensure you, or any other member of you family, will not slip while in the shower. It’s ideal for children and elderly people.
The material is anti-bacterial. It will not allow bacteria build-up. However, that does not mean you don’t have to wash it regularly. The mat itself doesn’t allow bacteria to form or live on it, but there are plenty of bacteria in the water, in your dead skin cells or soap scum. And those only come out if you put the mat in the washing machine.
The mat is extremely versatile. You can take it with you wherever you go. It will do an excellent job in your home, but also in saunas, hotels, spas, and even assisted living facilities. As long as there is a dire need for high standards of safety, the Yimobra will be up to the task. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
All three products will meet the purpose for which they were designed, but I have to go with the Epica Anti-slip Bath Mat. The features are all about the same with all items I mentioned, but the Epica is made of natural rubber, which can provide more comfort and safety than the other two mats. That is why I believe it is the best non-slip math available.
There are plenty of things you can do to make your home a safer place. Nothing weighs lightly. You may see a simple bath mat, but what I see is more than that. A bath mat can make the difference between a quiet evening and a trip to the ER. Sometimes worse things happen, like a fractured limb or skull. And all of that because you wouldn’t spend 10-15 bucks on a non-slip bath mat? It’s not worth it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Newly Leaked Secret to Wooden Bath Mat Disclosed
- The Surprising Details Regarding Bath Mat Sets That Most People are not Aware Of
- The Downside Risk of Non Slip Bathroom Flooring That No One Is Talking About
- The Most Popular Long Bath Mat
- Rubber Bath Mat Help!
- What Is So Fascinating About Anti Slip Bath Mat?
- Non Slip Shower Mat – the Conspriracy
- The Secret to Bath Mat
- Shower Mats: the Ultimate Convenience!
- Non Slip Bath Mat Exposed
- Bath Mat for Baby – Overview
- Bathtub Non Slip Stickers Reviews & Guide
- The Biggest Myth About Wooden Shower Mat Exposed
- Facts, Fiction and Baby Bath Mat
- What Is So Fascinating About Best Non Slip Shower Mat?
- The Undisputed Truth About Non Slip Shower Stickers That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- The Basics of Bathtub Non Slip Mat
- What Is So Fascinating About Non Slip Bath Mats for Elderly?
- The 30-Second Trick for Anti Skid Mat for Bathroom
- Top Square Shower Mat Tips!
- The Tried and True Method for Anti Slip Shower Mat in Step by Step Detail
- The Downside Risk of Large Bath Mats That No One Is Talking About
- Read What the Experts are Saying About Non Skid Bath Mat
- The 5-Minute Rule for Teak Shower Mat
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Non Slip Tub Mat
- An Honest View of Shower Mats Non Slip
- The Tub Mat Cover Up
- The Debate Over Rubber Shower Mat
- What Everybody Is Saying About Kids Bath Mat and What You Must Do
- The Biggest Myth About Bath Mat Non Slip Exposed
- Untold Stories About Shower Floor Mats That You Need to Read or Be Left Out
- The Hidden Gem of No Slip Bath Mat
- Important Solutions to Bathroom Stickers
- Kids, Work and Extra Long Bath Mat
- Surprising Details Regarding Non Slip Bath Stickers Uncovered